question

aeneby avatar image
aeneby asked

Inaccurate DC input current readings from MultiPlus inverter

I have noticed that the "DC in" reading on my new EasySolar 24/1600/40 is quite inaccurate. This has been confirmed using a multimeter on the positive DC lead to the unit - when the multimeter reads 2.2A, for example, the inverter is reading 3A (read using VEConfig). When the multimeter is reading 3.9A, the inverter is reading 5A.

So as you can see, the inverter is reporting >20% too high. This is a problem, because in combination with a BMV-712, this reading is used to calculate DC loads. When the inverter is reporting too high like this, quite often I see a "negative" DC load, since the inverter alone is reporting a higher current draw than the total current from the battery (as read by the BMV).

Is there anything which can be done to make this more accurate? Perhaps the accuracy improves as load increases, but it is still quite bad at low loads.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRMEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aeneby avatar image aeneby commented ·

Gotcha. I guess I will just treat the DC power reading as a very rough estimation, and focus on the total load on the battery instead. Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·