question

peterfromswe avatar image
peterfromswe asked

BMV-712 shows empty battery at 82% SOC?!?

I thought the battery-icon with bars was in direct relation to SOC.

BMSSOCOrion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, see the discharge floor setting

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peterfromswe avatar image peterfromswe commented ·

Hi. I don't want to link the relay SOC operation to indicator and time to go. Can I disconnect this in some way?

Regards

/Peter

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ peterfromswe commented ·

Sorry, no. I understand the request but doing so is currently not possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
peterfromswe avatar image
peterfromswe answered ·

@mvader, I use relay and set when SOC is below 80% to enable MPPT to charge only then. This seems to cause BMV to think that 80% SOC means empty?!? I don't want to charge above 80% SOC from two reasons: 1) When I am away from boat, LiFePo4 lifetime is increased when not full, 2) I don't want MPPT's to sync BMV, only when on shore power.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

You are right the little indicator (and also the time to go) is linked to the SOC-relay.

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff) maybe this can be changed in a future firmware/VictronConnect update.
I would like that too. :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources