question

joagie avatar image
joagie asked

Multiplus 12/1600/70 with MK3 - How to use multiple devices with a single VE.bus port?

Hi all,

I want to use a raspberry as the venus device. I want to connect my MPPT 100-50, BMV712 with the VE-Bus and my Multiplus with the MK3 Interface.

But I want to use the normal remote control the digital multicontrol 200/200a too. Is there a way to connect all 3 devices (multiplus, multicontrol and MK3) at the same time ? As far as I know all three divices have only one RJ45 connector.

Thanks for help

Hoagie

Multiplus-IIRaspberry PiMK3Digital Multi Control
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Yes you should be able to as it is a VE bus device if this connects to the Mulitplus then the mulitplus connects to the Raspi via the Mk USB device is should pick it up.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Joagie,

It is possible to use a straight through RJ45 splitter to increase the VE.Bus ports available on these smaller units (and the other devices that only have 1 VE.Bus port).

alt text

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joagie avatar image joagie commented ·

Great thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
esterill avatar image
esterill answered ·

Hi, I would like to do this with some Multiplus 12|800|35 units. Can you elaborate on the straight through RJ45 splitter? Which one is this and/or what is the schematic? I have tried some Lindy 1 into 2 splitters but they do not work.

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @esterill,

The recommended known working part is Victron Part number - ASS030065510 - RJ45-splitter 1xRJ45 male/15cm cable/2xRJ45 female

Your Victron dealer should be able to supply it.

0 Likes 0 ·
esterill avatar image esterill Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you very much. I was unable to find this on the Victron website. I will order some now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ esterill commented ·

Thanks to you too, I have asked the web team to update the website to include this product so others can find it in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·
carlrjohnson avatar image carlrjohnson Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
I don't want to revive a dead thread, but in my case I have a DMC - Cerbo - MP - bluetooth MP adapter. Since the cerbo and the MP have two ports each I was able to daisy chain all of these devices. Since you answered his question with a 'use this 'part' and not a 'don't do this' I am sondering why I was told that I shouldn't run a DMC and a cerbo. Is there any reasoning behind this, or was it for redundancy?
0 Likes 0 ·