question

michelgaspard avatar image
michelgaspard asked

Controling a Phoenix inverter with relay (Global Link 520) AND Load (MPPT 100/20)

Good day!

I had a simple off-grid set-up: 2 solar pannels, MPPT 100/20, Phoenix 24/500, SmartShunt and Global Link 520.

I am already controlling the inverter using the "Load" port of the MPPT with pre-set voltages.
I would like to combine this with the GlobalLink relay. My dream is to be able to allow/disallow the inverter to function using the VRM-controlled relay.
So if BOTH the relay is activated AND there is enough voltage, then the inverter can function.
If the battery voltage is too low, the MPPT load will switch off the inverter
If I send the command, the relay can stop also the inverter.

I am thinking about putting a wire between Load "+" on the MPPT to the GlobalLink relay "Com", then a wire from the "NC" (Normally Connected") to the left side of the remote switch two-pole connector.

Do you think it would work?

Any other idea to use the relay function to control the inverter?

Thanks a lot!

Michel

Relaygloballink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
michelgaspard avatar image
michelgaspard answered ·

I just connected all, including a 1A in-line fuse => it is working like a charm, giving me the possibility of stopping the inverter from anywhere when the GlobalLink shows me that something weird is happening

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic