question

aastrom avatar image
aastrom asked

Global Link 520 Relay stopped working

Tried out the relay function on my Global link 520. It was working good, I could hear the click and could measure the circuit open and closed as expected.

Then it seems it is not working any more, I try to open and close it using the VRM app, with blue tooth connection but there is no difference, no click and relay is open all the time. I read in another thread that the relay is rated for 3A. What happens if you exceed that? Is there any internal fuse or is it permanently broken?

Relaygloballink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

if you exceed the 3 amp rating then you damage the relay and it will no longer work

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tapio Osala avatar image
Tapio Osala answered ·

We have tried to use Global Link 520 with solar with SmartSolar 100/20 for an Osprey nest camera.

We already have second unit because the first was not functioning: it did not cut the power.

Well we returned it and got a new one: same thing. Does not cut the power.

We would need this function because here in Finland the sun is not enough strong to keep the router and camera 24/7 on...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic