question

filmassistentene avatar image
filmassistentene asked

Trouble with Phoenix Multiplus 24/3000/70

Hi.

I have a problem with my Multiplus 24/3000/70 installed in a bus.

It began with the inverter not starting. Whenever i try to start the inverter nothing happens.

The charger was still working at this point but stopped working the following day.

When I connect AC to the unit the unit starts up and opens up for AC distribution, so with shore power connected the mains are on and the "mains on" LED is lit.

According to the LEDs the charger is also working. It follows the steps "bulk", "absorption" and then settles at "float" but the acctual voltage on the batteries are falling during the charging cycle. So the unit seems to beleive it is charging the batteries whilst the acctual voltage on the batteries are declining.

Does anyone know what may be the source if this behaviour? I am considering connecting the unit to a laptop to try a reset and firmware update. Does this sound like a plausible solution? Has anyone in here experienced similar behaviour and have an estimate of potential repair cost?

Thanks in advance.

battery chargingPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

How old or how long have you had you Multiplus installed? Do you have a negative cable connected to ground in your Bus (not just the founding lead off the Multiplus)?

Possible you may have a shorted battery? Have you tested the battery and tried to charge from a different source? Sounds like the battery is under the low battery start up value.

If none of the above, you may need to take the unit in for service.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

swede avatar image
swede answered ·

Had you wait for some minutes after turning on? I have notice that my can take some time to start. Maybe some 10s seconds.

Maybe the voltage during bulk charging should be higher compared to during float for example?

2 |3000

filmassistentene avatar image
filmassistentene answered ·

Hi guys and thank you for your answers.

I have left the switch in "inverter on" position for hours to see if it would start up eventually.

The unit has been installed in the bus for 9 years. No changes to the setup. The batteries where done so I changed them, they are now three weeks old. I charge them with a separate charger at the moment since the unit is not working. If it helps, the firmware number printed on the microprosessor is 1912125.HEX. Does anyone know if there are any updates avalible for such an old unit?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic