question

os-stagair avatar image
os-stagair asked

Black-out system with 80 V battery, Phoenix, and orion

Hello everyone,

I have a 80 V battery with a output current of 200 A.

I want to convert this to 230 V, but therefore I will first decrease the voltage to 24 V.

For that I want to use Orion 110/24-360W ( I wish I could Orion 110/48-360W but I can`t find it so probably it don`t exist).

Then I want to use the Phoenix 24/5000 to make 230Vac.

The problem is the current, because I don`t know if the orion can handle such high current.
I also don`t know what the output current of the orion is. And at least I also don`t know what the needed inputcurrent must be for the phoenix.

The idea of this is that with a 80V battery I can provide elektricity to a building in case of a black out. And for that I need a converting systeem from 80 Vdc to 230 Vac with high power. This systeem described above is the only way I could figure out so if anyone have a better idea pleas let me know.

Phoenix InverterbatterygridOrion DC-DC Converters not smartbattery system voltage
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

What battery do you have?

Can you cut it in half?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

That will not work.

360W at 24 Volts are 15 Amps.

You can not feed a 5000 Watts System with a 360 Watts System .... or lets say: you may do that but you can not expect more power than the weakest System has (in this case the orion).

And: the orion is able to produce 110/230 Volts out of 12/24 volts ..... not vice versa.

80 Volts is way to high for every kind of victron equipment.

Jens

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page