question

Uldis Kalniņš avatar image
Uldis Kalniņš asked

Sell energy from batteries to grid in peak hours - it is possible?

Hello!

I would like to know - it's possible to program Victron inverter to sell energy from batteries (not only from PV!) in peak hours? Here where I'm, it's huge difference between night hours and peak hours, selling back to grid this way could bring installation costs back way faster. For example, I can buy energy from grid at night mostly at 0,06 cents and sell at peak hours (~8-10, and ~17-20) for 0,14-0,20+ cents.

Yes, I know, it's battery abuse, but, if it is LiFePo with 4000 cycles, why not..

batterygrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You can charge the batteries using scheduled charge times in the ESS setup and you can then export in the hours no assigned to charging - its a area that you would have to play around with to get it to work how you want - and you may even have to use assistants as well

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Uldis Kalniņš avatar image
Uldis Kalniņš answered ·

Thanks for reply!

Yes, It seems doable, using assistant - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:ess_mode_2_and_3

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic