question

tehlh avatar image
tehlh asked

PLC with Cerbo-S_GX vs Color Control GX

I would like to know which one of the product can be use as gateway to connect to PLC/HMI through ethernet modbus tcp/ip? Is it Cerbo-S_GX or Color Control GX?

VictronConnectvictron productsvictron communityvictron
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@tehlh

Moved to modifications, it's out of scope for the q&a forum.

It might help you get better answers if you describe what you're trying to achieve.

0 Likes 0 ·
tehlh avatar image tehlh kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

I am trying to add-in an HMI to the Victron network with energy meter VM-3P75CT (modbus server). So, the thing is to have an HMI do I need the Cerbo-S_GX (modbus client) or Color Control GX (modbus client)? Currently with Cerbo-S GX (modbus client) the HMI (modbus client) is not able to get any value for modbus register 3200 to 3211. Already enabled modbus in setting/services and Cerbo-S GX is able to detect VM-3P75CT but the HMI is not able to get any value from the genset modbus register.

img-20240313-124029-edit-71334108240866.jpg

screenshot-2024-02-16-120205.png

Will the HMI be able to get the modbus register value if using Color Control GX as gateway? Or do I need to add-in a modbus splitter to have the register value send to 2 modbus client which is Cerbo-S GX and HMI? Or just another protocol converter from Victron modbus tcp/ip udp to modbus tcp/ip to connect to HMI?

Drawing2.pdf

Drawing1.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows