question

gumalu avatar image
gumalu asked

How implement "Grid Down" reporting

Has anyone implemented a system other then the e-mail from VRM, to report that the grid is down?

The email is not very accurate.

I looking for a way to sent a whatsapp or similar.

Thanks for your help

ESSVRMCCGX Color Controlgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

You can use the Automatic Generator Start/Stop feature in Venus to control one of the external relay switches, which can be used to signal a device like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Wave-Magnets-Window-Sensor-DWZWAVE2-5-ECO/dp/B01N5HB4U5/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=door+sensor+z-wave&qid=1568920377&sr=8-3

Which can then integrate with a Home Automation Controller like Smart Things, which can send you an SMS or something similar. A bit roundabout, but I can think of nothing else unless you manage to hack some sort of plugin to install on VenusOS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @gumalu

It's been a little while since I have looked into it, but the website ifttt.com offers some good functionality to improve the notification experience.

You can setup a custom gmail email account, and link that to a custom alert in VRM that sends a email when AC input voltage drops below and above the threshold. Then setup ifttt to trigger an sms or other supported notification messaging service whenever an email is received at that account.

2 |3000