question

fenix avatar image
fenix asked

Victron smart battery sense on VRM Portal

Hello

How to have the data from the smart battery sense for my Starter battery on the VRM Portal

I Create a VE. Smart networking

- BMV-712 + Battery temperature + Smart Solar + Smart Battery sense (Starter Battery)

My Setup

Victron Image = 2.33

Raspberry 3 B+

Window PC

-Victron smart battery sense for my Starter battery

-Victron BMV-712

-Victron Smart Solar Charger MPPt 100/50

All

Everything works when connected, I see all those on the iPhone app bu cannot see any information from the VRM for the battery sense

Did I bought a battery sense for nothing :-(

Raspberry PiSmart Battery Sensesensor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joaher avatar image joaher commented ·

I have this weekend connected my system to vrm. I have one battery smart Sense and I can see the temperature in the MPPT solar charger . It is nor possible to see the actual sensor in VRM because it needs a ve.direct cable. It’s an excellent solution with RPi.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
grunkern avatar image
grunkern answered ·

Hello there,
I have a similar question posted here
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/31849/venus-os-and-data-collection-from-victron-devices.html

My feeling is from what other people on some non-Victron Forums are saying is that it is unlikely that Venus on RPI will ever have a build that utilises the BT network developed by Victron.
Therefore to get Data from Victron devices to your RPI and the VRM portal you need to have VE.Direct to USB from a port on the device in question to retrieve the data
As SMART Battery sense is simply a BT device then you cannot (as far as I know) get the data into the VRM portal

Cheers

Robert

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Raspberry Pi running Victron’s Venus firmware - Blog Post

Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED - Install

raspberrypi install venus image

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual