question

namex avatar image
namex asked

Feature-Request: Frequency down shift on battery usage

Hello,

I have build a offgrid 3-phase system with the multiplus II. Some devices are frequency controlled, the high shifting on battery overload for example works perfectly. But in some situations I want the opposite. If the consum of the battery is raising up defined limits, the frequency should be shifted down like in reality.

So I can control generators to produce more power.

Is there a possibility to create an assistent or maybe an control-path with Node-RED which can handle this situation?

Thank you very much!

Node-REDoffgridAssistantsfeature requestfrequency
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Namex

I can see frequency output node in custom control node on node red however I would have guessed other elements of the system are also periodically monitoring those and would reset them back to original values relatively quickly. (Happy to be told that's not the case under normal non frequency shifted criteria, if it's not the case then maybe node red is your answer).

Unfortunately I dont have a system I can test this on for you.

My only other suggestion/question was how is the generator output controls configured? Is it purely based on frequency monitoring, or can you dynamically adjust the output yourself. If so I imagine you could automate that element from node red.

ie if battery draw > x increase generator output via an external signal of some sorts.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.

Victron Offgrid page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VEConfigure Assistants manual

Webinar Part 1 - Intro to Node-Red

Webinar Part 2- Basic Palettes

Webinar Part 3 - Advanced example

Victron Node-RED for dummies guide by Fideri

Node Red Community Space (normally hidden)

Venus OS Large (Node-RED) manual

Victron Node-RED github readme

Victron Node-RED custom nodes docs