question

tom-pb avatar image
tom-pb asked

Control victron inverter set remotely

Hi,

I have multiple victron installations and we want to start to do small scale gridbalancing with them. We would like to run everything of a python script, make http post and get requests to the node red instance on VRM and control the inverters.

I've got Venus OS large installed, node red up and running. The last step is to make a http get/post request to nodered to acquire data and set the inverters to drain or charge. The problem is that i cant make that request. Is it possible to add a node with credentials to access the node instance on vrm?

Is this a sensical approach? I dont want to do everything in nodered since it doesn't scale to multiple installations. Does anyone have advice on this problem, but also insights on how it can be done differently? We are not committed to node-red, but so far it has seemed like the obvious route. The alternative to this with this setup seems to be to post to a python instance on AWS and set a timer to run it every minute.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ESSNode-REDoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@tom_pb

Moving this to the modifications space, hopefully someone there can help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pauldeg avatar image
pauldeg answered ·

@tom_pb Did you have any luck with this?

1 comment
2 |3000

tom-pb avatar image tom-pb commented ·
Hi @pauldeg, i didn't have any luck with this so far. My best guess is to run a python script in the nodered instance where you access another AWS server.
0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·
2 |3000