Not so new but still good Trojan deep cycle 6 volt large battery bank (12 units),
Solar panels, micro hydro electric,
New Genset Honda 2200W Inverter connected to battery charger.
I can't get the charger to stay on "Bulk charge" like it should. The built in charger kicks off quickly to taper down to float charge way before the battery bank is not even close to be charged. It usually kicks off Bulk charge in about 5 minutes.
- I keep the multi control setting at 18. (Could it be higher with 2200W genset???)
- Solar panels/micro hydro seem to charge the battery bank no problem...
Possible causes of charger Bulk charge issues?
- My guess is the battery bank is getting old and I need to readjust the settings (INFO PLEASE...)
- Wrong charger settings? (INFO PLEASE)
- Bad connection? (checked everything)
- Faulty temperature sensor? (Checked connection) (Should I disconnect it for test?)
I disconnected the solar panel system and getting the same problem...
Thank you Victron. These units are amazingly durable and well built. This community page is well put together AND HELPFUL (I hope!). I will definitely get a new unit if this one ever gives up...