question

adytia-eternal avatar image
adytia-eternal asked

Multiple BMS Poweroad Battery

Hello everyone I am from Indonesia,

Newbie need helps here.

I have a request 3 phase system from my client that I doubt about the BMS communication.

Per phase will be like this :

1 Quattro 15kW

1 SmartSolar RS 450/200

15 Poweroad H-U51100

1 Cerbo GX + GX Touch.

Does anyone can help me about the battery communication wiring?

Since I have 15 batteries per group, thats mean, I have 3 head group of H-U51100. How I connect 3 of them to cerboGX? Since the VE.CAN input only 2 on CerboGX, which is 1 used for SmartSolar and the other 1 used for battery group no.1. So how about battery group 2 & 3?

Hope you guys know my english.

Thank you.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxMPPT SmartSolar3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I would suggest you read the 3-phase design manual and follow the necessary training and product manuals.

3 phase systems (as per all systems) share the same batteries, they do not have independent battery packs, so there is only one BMS and one Cerbo for the system.

You would follow Pylon's installation document for wiring large battery banks so they can all communicate with each other.

Batteries also use BMS CAN not VE, which is for victron products.

For a system of that size, if you are new to this, you really need to consult the distributor who would be supplying you, for help.

All the relevant links for the manuals are at the top right of this page.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adytia-eternal avatar image adytia-eternal commented ·

@nickdb , thx for your answer.

BTW, I just updated by my client, that he's not using a pylontech us5000, but poweroad battery which using pylontech protocol. Thats why they only allow 15 battery per group (Poweroad Battery).

And also, yes, I can use BMS CAN line, but still, its just avail for 2. I'm not sure about Poweroad battery, cause its limitation, maybe I'm just ask my client to use another battery brand which already on victron compatiblity list.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ adytia-eternal commented ·
You should ask the battery manufacturer about that.

You can connect multiple batteries to the GX device but only one is used for controlling the system.

As already mentioned you also should read the instructions for building bigger systems.

If you connect the Quattros together for a 3-phase system you should have only one big battery.

2 Likes 2 ·
maa avatar image
maa answered ·

I think you need the LV-HUB from Pylon, here the install manual

12 comments
2 |3000

duivert avatar image duivert commented ·

There not pylontech batteries, so that hub wont work, also you need a hub with pylontech batteries if you have 17 or more

0 Likes 0 ·
maa avatar image maa duivert commented ·

ok I had read in adytia-éternel's description that he used 15 US5000, I agree with you for above 16, however he may want to do several stacks it is not prohibited, not useful but not prohibited.

0 Likes 0 ·
adytia-eternal avatar image adytia-eternal duivert commented ·

Have you tried before? I mean, Poweroad battery, they are using pylontech protocol, it might be work, might be not. But if you or someone tried before and says no, then I wont do this.

0 Likes 0 ·
duivert avatar image duivert adytia-eternal commented ·
best is to get in touch with the battery manufacturer as @Matthias Lange - DE allready stated

There are other brand batteries with “pylontech protocol” also but sometimes have limited communication so if the LV hub will work…?

1 Like 1 ·
adytia-eternal avatar image adytia-eternal duivert commented ·
I already ask Poweroad, they dont have a device such as LV Hub. Thats why I ask my client, are they already bought the battery or they still proposing. I'm trying to propose another battery that I think has better solution for their project.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ adytia-eternal commented ·
I would recommend to use BYD with the LVL 15.4 you can build a system with up to 983kWh (64 batteries)

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box

Or another battery from the official compatibility list.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

1 Like 1 ·
adytia-eternal avatar image adytia-eternal Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I also ask them to use BYD, but they refuse it. ($). Second one, i'm still find out about BSLBatt.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Real Pylontechs use Comms between themselves to synchronise loads and charging. Only one cable goes to Victron's GX device.

So we're lacking a lot of info about the battery capability - do they talk to each other, can one assume the role of master, can the master work fully with the GX to control the rest.

Really a question for the battery suppliers. Not for guesswork. It's going to be an expensive mistake if it doesn't work.

0 Likes 0 ·
maa avatar image maa kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

I repeat, adytia-éternel's description that he used 15 US5000 for 1 Quattro per phase so that's 45 US.

To connect so many Pylontech together and send via a single COM link to the Cerbo, only the LV-HUB can do the job, so I suggested that he read the LV documentation and then let him decide what was best for him and above all see if this is compatible with its installation. I don't understand where your "expensive error" problem?

Now if it's not Pylontech that's another debate...

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ maa commented ·
It's not.
0 Likes 0 ·
duivert avatar image duivert maa commented ·
Yes you are right about 45 batteries!

i over looked that, but he isnt using pylontechs, he is using poweroad’s

-1 Like -1 ·
maa avatar image maa duivert commented ·

yes you are right hence my request to modify the title which was also made. It's a shame to still see "Pylontech US5000" written everywhere in the text :)

1 Like 1 ·
maa avatar image
maa answered ·

adytia-eternal you would be well inspired to modify the title of your post if it is not Pylontech ;)

2 |3000

delf67 avatar image
delf67 answered ·

From Poweroad "easily configured in parallel with maximum 6pcs to achieve 30.24 kWh per tower. And then maximum 7 towers can be connected in parallel" So 42 batteries maximum and you just need 1 BMS.CAN connection, plus termination in the second BMS.CAN port.

3 comments
2 |3000

delf67 avatar image delf67 commented ·

Now the OP has added the detail of the battery he intends to use:(POWEROAD H-U51100 )

From Poweroad "● Scalable from 5.32kWh to 63.90kWh power configurations."

So maximum of 12 units in parallel.

0 Likes 0 ·
adytia-eternal avatar image adytia-eternal delf67 commented ·

Which one is correct? Calculation or their website?

screenshot-2024-04-28-22-02-21-426-comandroidchrom.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
delf67 avatar image delf67 adytia-eternal commented ·

Well the information I posted and the information you posted are from the same page of their website....so take your pick!

Either way it is not the 45 batteries you require. Maybe you should be looking at the POWEROAD H-S48100? Upto 211kWh system?

0 Likes 0 ·