question

Juhani Tuominen avatar image
Juhani Tuominen asked

Lifepo4 and AGM with Bluesmart 30/12

Hello

I have two Victron Super Cycle AGM 100Ah batteries in my boat and to Charge them I use Victron Bluesmart IP22 Charger. Can I replace one of the batteries with LiFePo4 battery and use the Lithium setting in the charger? Will it ruin the AGM battery? I have the setup as stationary in my boat so that I only have to plug in the powe cord when I arrive home.

battery chargingLithium BatteryAGM Batterybluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

There is a really good discussion on mixing LiFePo4 and AGM batteries on this thread that may be worth a read. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/119423/mix-agm-and-lifep04.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Juhani Tuominen avatar image
Juhani Tuominen answered ·

I Got the answer from other sources: I Cant use LiFePo4 and AGM with same carger, because of the different charging pattern and the absorbation stage is longer for AGM batteries.

2 |3000