question

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany asked

Victron Connect Screen Resolution Issue

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Just installed a smartshunt.

Connected with Victron Connect.

VC insisted on a Bluetooth update. Could get no further as the confirm was off the bottom of the screen and I couldn't scroll down. Tried back button a few times. Eventually the blue bar at the bottom of the screen went grey. Managed to get in by crashing VC, restarting.

It then insisted on a firmware update. This was ok, had the correct resolution. But once finished, reverted to the wrong resolution.

1000016341.jpg

1000016342.jpg

VictronConnectbug report
1000016341.jpg (371.1 KiB)
1000016342.jpg (162.0 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Phone is Android, probably V12. No idea which browser it used, Firefox is the default. But phone is a Xiaomi (sp) and their own browser kicks around as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
@mvader (Victron Energy)

I've had this issue too, but on a phone where the very bottom of the screen was defective. It would maybe help if any proceed or confirm buttons were towards the top of the page? (Duplicated if needed!!) Sometimes if a confirm or proceed button is off the bottom of the screen, one can be unaware that it is even there.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks for reporting Kev, looks like there is a lot of white space that could be optimised. I will pass it on to the VictronConnect developers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic