question

piet-hein-van-asselen avatar image
piet-hein-van-asselen asked

Multiplus programmable relay, connect via virtual switch

Hi all

I have plans to connect the multiplus 2 programmable relay to the trickle charge of the untit. That way i dont discharge my lifepo4 while it seems the trickle charge is just a diode over the domestic lifepo4 as i have read. My plan is to set voltages to switch trickle charge on and of while charging domestic batteries. This way the trickle charge is only working within specific voltage ranges.

Now it seems the max current rating for the programmable relay is 4 amps on up to 35 Volts DC. That is a bit to close to the max output of the trickle charge i assume. I dont want to risk burnt out relay contacts so i have the option top control another relat by the programmable relay.

Anybody has experience with this? The pros and cons? Am i to worried for burning out the contacts? Maybe someone has a better option?

Thanks in advance!

Multiplus-IIRelayvirtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
heinzie avatar image
heinzie answered ·

Sorry, small kick

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE Configure/Virtual Switch

Ignore AC input using the Generator Assistant