question

wedgehog avatar image
wedgehog asked

I'm stupid and need one of you smart guys to explain something

Try as I do I just cannot get my head around some of these Git hub pages, the one I am presently pulling my hair out on says this.

Un-official meross-cli

Prerequisite

Install node v14+, then run npm ci --prod to setup dependencies.

Usage

For command and its flags, run node meross help for built-in usage & help.

Commands

Currently implemented commands:

• login
  • generate-config

Run node meross <command> --help for command help.

I am assuming because it's to do with Node Red that the first part "Install node v14+," is talking about installing Node Red and they want v14 or greater? I already have Node Red running in a virtual machine on my Synology 920DS Nas it is version 3.1.6 I is that greater than v14 should there be a decimal point V1.4?

Second it says "then run npm ci --prod" well I tried running that in the HomeAssistant Terminal screen and it says no such command, I logged in from my pc with putty and did it in that same thing, and so we go, I must be stupid I haven't a clue where I should be running this.
Would it ruin some eternal plan if the Git hub people even gave a clue to help out the learners?
Could one of you smart guys give me some help please. Bob

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Please keep content related to Victron products. Thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic