question

novice avatar image
novice asked

Venus on NanoPI Neo

Hello!

Has anyone had any luck getting Venus (OS) images booting, or the VRM reporting packages running on a NanoPI? I just tried flashing the latest nanopi images but it doesn't pull a DHCP address, looking to attach a console cable and see where it's failing.

Venus OSHelp
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ commented ·

The nano-pi will likely boot, but you have to provide a valid dtb to explain the hardware to linux. You definitely need a debug console for that, we read it from an EEPROM which dtb to pick and the NanoPi won't have that.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
dunnp avatar image
dunnp answered ·

I've just been through the same exercise and a Pi Zero-W doesn't seem to boot from the card. I have no way of exploring where it fails; just plays dead. The same SD card works fine on a Pi 3B-plus. Watching the status LED makes me think it's not getting to the point where the console is running - but that's just a guess.

I am concluding the Zero's aren't compatible with the Venus image which may be fussy about hardware - but would love to be proven wrong!

Phil

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeroen avatar image jeroen ♦ commented ·

no that is not the same exercise, the PI-zero is simply not supported at the moment..

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic