question

gareth avatar image
gareth asked

PV, Battery and Load graph in A or W - newbie help

Hi all,

Very new to this, have Venus running on a Pi4 since yesterday. Using home made VE.Direct to USB cables (I've read the warnings but it's what I have to hand) I have a MPPT 75/10 solar charger and a Phonex 12v 375VA 230v inverter running off a 100A LiFePo4 battery and a 100w panel. Inverter is connected to the load side of the charger.

I currently have a small test load (26w) attached to the inverter just to make some data.

I've successfully got both the devices connected and have linked the Venus install to the vrm portal and all appears to be good with the connections.

I would like to see a graph that shows me in either Watts or Amps the solar production, load usage, battery +/- current and maybe battery voltage but I seem to be struggling to work out how to do that. I susspect that I just don't follow what each graph means but wondered if someone could point me in the right direction.

I tried making a custom widget using the "Current", "PV current" and "Load current" (I'm assuming that just "current" is the battery...?) however I whilst I get a graph for the other two I don't see a PV Current graph.

I do see a graph for PV W and Battery W but no Load W...

I assume I'm missing something blindingly obvious here, can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@gareth@qctech.co.uk

Moving to modifications.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic