question

coalen avatar image
coalen asked

Victron Device List EG4 LifePower4 Battery Information

Hello,

Asking for help on how to access from Victron Device List my EG4 Battery cell information that show as EG4 in the Victron Device List. I would like to build a widget or a docker-Grafana dashboard in order to display the battery pack cell information. However, I have not been able to find the mapping to the detailed data. Thank you in advance!

Coalen

image-3-9-24-at-230pm.jpg

image-3-9-24-at-222pm.jpg

image-3-9-24-at-222pm-1.jpg

vrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Coalen

My guess would be the detailed data is stored in these dbus paths under com.victronenergy.battery:

/System/NrOfCellsPerBattery
/System/MinCellVoltage
/System/MaxCellVoltage/System/NrOfBatteries

I couldnt find a max and min temperature though:

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/dbus#battery

If you cant spot it I'd maybe try using MQTT-explorer. The MQTT topics correspond with dbus paths. Might help you find those last pieces of data

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

coalen avatar image
coalen answered ·

Greatly appreciated for the help! I will take a look, thank you.

2 |3000

coalen avatar image
coalen answered ·

Hello,

I loaded the MQTT Explorer and have identified the EG4 System in the path as 512. However, I have not been able to figure out how to retrieve the information through Docker & Grafana. What am I missing? Anyones help would be appreciated. See screenshots below.

Coalenimage-3-12-24-at-915am.jpgimage-3-12-24-at-918am.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic