question

Eric Wilke avatar image
Eric Wilke asked

solved !!! Multiplus update v510 and low batt, multi versions?

The low batt problem has been found, the manual of the pylontech battery states that in se ESS assistance the dynamic cut-off valeus set all to 46 Volt, instead of the standard value. It would be nice if the pylontech batteries were now also included in the battery list of the multiplus 2 configuration.

this question can be closed, thanks for your input. Greetings Eric

Multiplus-IIVictronConnectfirmware update
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Eric Wilke avatar image Eric Wilke commented ·

serienr-mps.png Multiplus version

0 Likes 0 ·
serienr-mps.png (11.0 KiB)
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Eric Wilke commented ·

The victron/pylon guide is quite specific that it is 46V

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

If you follow these docs you won't have problems.

1 Like 1 ·
3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

VictronConnect is always a bit behind with FW files.
It needs a VictronConnect update to include the new FW files.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Eric Wilke avatar image
Eric Wilke answered ·

I tried to transfer the firmware from the multiplus to v510, manually find and add the file, then put the three MPs back into 3 phases and configured them. finally configured and loaded the assistance for ESS, but 1 of the Multiplus gives a low battery warning, no fault could be found. I suspect that the L1 multi purchased in February 2023 is not compatible with the 2 multipluses that I purchased in April. So I have now reset everything to the firmware v508 with the updated ESS assistance. This is for your information, I hope it's a bug.img-1790.pngIMG_1789.PNG

img-1790.png (600.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
There is no issue with inverters of that age.

Something else is off or was missed in the update/configuration.

1 Like 1 ·
Eric Wilke avatar image
Eric Wilke answered ·

I have repeated the update procedure several times to avoid an error, but the moment I load an ESS assistant *.vas file in L1, it immediately goes to low batt, the other 2 with the same file, so L2 and L3 go nothing wrong, accept the file but see 1 multi with Low batt and the system is immediately switched off, which makes sense.

2 |3000