question

Marco Nijholt avatar image
Marco Nijholt asked

False Alarm, low CELL voltage alarm

Hi all,

Regularly (couple times a week) I receive a low cell voltage alarm which instantly resolves itself. There of course is no such low cell voltage happening at all. SoC is usually even 90% or higher. There also is no low voltage alarm.

I'm using the Lynx Smart BMS in combinarion with the victron LFP smartbattery 25v 200ah-a

It's pretty much the same behavior as if i'm breaking the BMS cable loop and instantly reconnect it.

I'm using 16 batteries (8 in parallel) which is less then the maximum of 20. I know in the past this used to be a lower threshold (max 5 parallel) but after "Extensive testing" victron said up to 20 should be possible.

Could this be due to 16 batteries pushing the limit on the signal strength of the BMS bus cable loop? Or so I have one battery in there that is maybe not signalling strongly enough, which randomly can cause this alert.

All bms connections are properly tightened.

1709215953324.png

Lithium BatteryBMSlynx bms
1709215953324.png (48.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I have also had this happen however my gx unit was using the beta 3.30 fw. So I changed back to the latest release fw and the low battery error stopped by Happening

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marco Nijholt avatar image
Marco Nijholt answered ·

My GX Unit is not running beta firmware, and the issue has persisted over multiple stable firmware releases.

I am going to upgrade to the Ekrano GX so maybe it will dissapear with that one but since the alarm is thrown by the Lynx Smart BMS I don't expect that to affect this.

2 |3000