question

adventures-with-the-missus avatar image
adventures-with-the-missus asked

Couple of Wiring Questions Multiplus/Cerbo

Hi guys, relatively new to the Victron world so got a few questions about my setup I'm installing into my truck. Currently it exists of a Multiplus II 12/3000/120 inverter, a 100/50 solar controller, a Lynx Distro box, a Cerbo GX / 7" screen, Orion Xs 12/12-50 (on pre order) and a Victron 500va smart shunt, running off two 200ah ATG Lithium batteries.

In regards to the Inverter wiring, can I run the feed wire from the battery to the Distro box, and then from the Distro box to the inverter? Theoretically it is the same as running it through the fuse, and also gives me the feed to the distro box to run other items. The cable I have is 95MM2 000B&S, split for positive to enable fuse inline and one piece negative. In regards to the negative from the inverter, would this run direct to the battery, or to the shunt, how do I monitor the draw for the inverter otherwise, or does the Cerbo GX do this for me?

Also, is there anyway of using the Cerbo GX/Screen to do switching duties for things like lights/water pumps/fridges etc without going overboard? If not, can you use the NMEA aspect of it to do switching perhaps? This is just a basic system with low draw, it's only running canopy lights, water pump, upright fridge, drawer fridge, dualzone chest fridge (not all fridges on at once bar longer journeys), pie oven, couple USB outlets for phone charging and the inverters basically going to be running just a battery charger short term at this stage, not using it for induction or anything similar.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxvictron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Wiring: Battery neg to shunt to distributor. Nothing else on battery negative. Earth/ground negative on load side of shunt or from distributor. Cerbo only brings things together, reports, controls charging. Battery POS goes direct to distributor. You can fuse at battery if it's a long run.

Can't help on the controls side, except to say that the Cerbo only has a couple of low power relays. Check out Node-Red in the modifications area, this adds a lot to the Cerbo.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

So for clarification, the negative from the inverter, would run run to the distributor negative busbar? I am considering the Lynx Shunt to couple with the distributor, so all negative loads would go to the distributor busbar negative, with one cable from the battery to the Lynx Shunt? Will the inverter be able to function drawing the negative through the distributor, though I know the positive can be run through the distributor now, so in theory, this should work?

*edit - Nevermind misread the Lynx Shunt's specs for this edited question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ adventures-with-the-missus commented ·
@Adventures_With_The_Missus

Best to draw a picture. Even hand drawn one boxes with lines will work.

1 Like 1 ·