question

kuvette avatar image
kuvette asked

Remote on/off wire to generator relay

Hello,

I have a victron MultiPlus-II with a cerbo gx wired in a house in the woods.

The problèm is, during the winter, when the snow falls on the panels, the cameras and wifi drain the battery to 0%.

I asked the forum already and I wanna make sure that the answer is good.

Wire the generator relay of the cerbo gx to the remote on\off switch of the MultiPlus-II.

Can you confirm that the system will shut down until the snow melt, then the battery will charge up to moment the relay will close and then the system will turn back on?

Thanks

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxgenerator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

I will take into account the followings:

1. In the Remote off state for the MultiPlus II, this will still keep the charger active for when the sun comes ?

2. The consumption of the Cerbo is low enough in order to not drain completely the battery until the sun comes up ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kuvette avatar image
kuvette answered ·

Thank you for the reformulation. Can someone please answer these two questions?

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kuvette

It will work as long as your batteries and Cerbo are live.

Are the cameras 230v? Or DC?

Set the inverter to shut down before the batteries do and a bit of a gap to the restart. That way the solar will be able to self recover the system as well.

2 |3000