question

natebert avatar image
natebert asked

Virtual Switch Dedicated Ignore AC input in multi-phase system

My fellow Victron friends.

I was helping a fellow solar enthusiast implement the new Solar & Wind priority function on a dual-phase Multiplus 3kva system and encountered an odd behavior I could not explain.

We'd like to use the Dedicated Ignore AC input in the Virtual Switch in this multi-phase system (L1 + L2) to control when to connect/disconnect AC from the grid based up on desired parameters for AC high load & SoC, etc.*
For some reason AC loads on L2 are not activating the Dedicated Ignore AC input function like AC loads on L1 does. **

Does anybody have an solution in software that might address this?

* We are loosely following the recipe found here, but for a multi-phase system:

https://panbo.com/maximizing-solar-production-with-victron-gx/

** The issue described here seems to closely match (multi-phase), where the Virtual Switch function on any phase other than L1 are not being honored, but no solution was mentioned:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/59834/virtual-switch-ignore-ac-not-working-on-multiplus.html

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargermultiple inverterssplit phasevirtual switchsolar wind priority
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
trschendel avatar image
trschendel answered ·

I have a similar problem using the Ignore AC input in the Virtual Switch. I have Do not Ignore AC input when loads are higher than: set to 800 watts. Works fine on L1, but if the 800 plus watts are only on L2 it will drop the connection to grid. For my air conditioner the compressor will cut out wait before restarting which makes it impossible to use unless there are loads greater than the 800 watts running on L1. I saw a similar post with this same issue from a few years ago. Hoping to see some kind of answer here too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.