question

mattyroo avatar image
mattyroo asked

Tap into VE Direct Cable

In an install that has a MPPT and a MPPT display that we are adding a Cerbo to, we will remove the connection between the MPPT and the MPPT display and connect the MPPT to the Cerbo, however, wondered if there is a way to still use the MPPT display.

Is it possible to tap into the VE direct cable with another VE Direct cable, such that the data went to both the MPPT display and the Cerbo?

Or will the MPPT display work if connected to the Cerbo with a VE Direct/USB interface?

cerbo gxVE.DirectMPPT Control display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@mattyroo The mppt can only communicate with 1 device via ve-direct at a time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@mattyroo I don't see why the MPPT LCD display wouldn't work, if it is the pluggable type shown here.

I have 3 MPPTs connected to the Cerbo and all their displays work. However, they are all connected via VE.Can. Previously, I had 2 but connected via VE.Direct.

Fideri 0-img-20231007-wa0003.jpg

3 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@Fideri @mattyroo Good point about the pluggable display.

OP, confirm pluggable display, or mppt control.

mppt-control.png

0 Likes 0 ·
mppt-control.png (157.6 KiB)
mattyroo avatar image mattyroo klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@klim8skeptic @Fideri the MPPT does not have the facility for a pluggable display, I am referring to a MPPT display.

The MPPT display won't work if plugged into the Cerbo with a VE Direct USB interface, the same Cerbo that the MPPT controller will be plugged into?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ mattyroo commented ·
@mattyroo The Cerbo and mppt control are not able to communicate with each other.
0 Likes 0 ·