question

jackske86 avatar image
jackske86 asked

Multiplus II with Pylontech: DVCC CCL persistently limiting BMS CCL

Hi experts,

Desperately need your support, situation as follows..:

• Multiplus II, Cerbo GX, 2 x Pylontech US3000C (37A current limit each = 74A)
  • DVCC limits disabled on Cerbo GX display (NO 35A limit) dvcc.png
  • Pylontech parameters correctly visualized (74A): pylontech-paramaters.png

Initially the system was configured according to Victron's tutorial, using "Remote VEConfigure" in the VRM portal. I have been gradually able to upload new configuration files with increasing amperage (1A->5A->35A). Trying to increase/remove this boundary however on the Cerbo's display had NO impact (increase the charge current limit nor disabling the limit, with or without reboot).

What can I do to further increase the limit from 35A->74A, since VEConfigure only allows me to modify this value up to 35A (as seen below)?

veconfigure.png

AC Charge limit is not constraining (set to 12A), neither should the SOC (59% currently).

overview.png

Many, many thanks in advance..

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxPylontech
dvcc.png (44.6 KiB)
veconfigure.png (92.8 KiB)
overview.png (33.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

honu avatar image honu commented ·
Multiplus II 3000/35-32 : Guess what is the meaning of the 35 in your device name.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
proton avatar image
proton answered ·

Your MP 2 3000 is limited by design to a constant charge of 35A DC if you charge your Pylontechs just from Grid, see the data sheet for it. So, nothing to do.

You can add another DC-chargin source to enhance this, for example some Victron solar chargers.

Bye

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

prein avatar image
prein answered ·

The multiplus you have is a 35A charger.

So even if the battery allows for more charging current, the multiplus can only do 35A.

So the solution is: replace the multiplus with a bigger one. The 5000 can do 70A

2 |3000