question

apacalipto avatar image
apacalipto asked

Can't acces remote console through VRM (what ports needs to be opened)

Hi, we have issues logging in on multiple systems of costumers in the last few weeks.

We tried accessing on different computers, and normally we ask the costumer to try the following steps to restore the connection:

Step 1: Reboot the cerbo GX.
Step 2: Disable password check in settings > remote console
Step 3: settings > remote console enable on VRM.

If that doesn't work:
Step 4: update Cerbo GX to latest firmware through device list (this does work) or let costumer restore previous software version through remote console if already on the latest firmware version.

Normally this is enough to restore the connection to the remote console through the VRM.

I read in the community, that sometimes there are issues with the router that could cause this issue.

But I would like to know what ports need to be opened in the router, so I can ask the costumer to check if this is configured directly, and we can troubleshoot it further.

VRMremote console
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
I believe VRM uses tunnel ie no need for port forwarding.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

<But I would like to know what ports need to be opened in the router, so I can ask the costumer to check if this is configured directly, and we can troubleshoot it further.>

I have got direct access to the Remote Console to work by mapping Port 80 to another external port and in addition forwarding Port 81 unchanged.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.