question

cloudberry avatar image
cloudberry asked

Phoenix Multi Compact remote switch

Hi,

I have an older Phoenix Multi Compact 12/800/35 (18 - no VE.Bus). The DC loads in my system is connected to a BatteryProtect and I also have a BMV-712. I would like to use the remote switch to turn off the inverter if low voltage.

1. Do anyone know if it is a "pull up" or "pull down" switch?
  2. If it is a pull down switch can I use the Victron Inverting remote on-off cable connected to the DC out of the Battery Protect?
  3. And if it is a pull up switch can I connect directly to the DC out of the BatteryProtect withoyt a relay or do I need a Victron Non inverting remote on-off cable?
  4. Alternatively how can the relay/alarm functionality of the BatteriProtect or the BMV be utilised to achiveve the same?

Battery ProtectRelayinverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you can reverse the switch operation in the BMV setup

I am pretty sure that that model of phoenix has a low battery cutoff already in the unit so use the ve config to adjust it to suit what you want to do, if not the BMV should work fine across the remote on/off control

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron BatteryProtect product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic