question

vosjejohan avatar image
vosjejohan asked

Where does Cerbo get the DC (battery) voltage from

In a 3 fase Multiplus 2 system with a MPPT battery charger and a Cerbo all connected to a BYD LVL15.4 KW battery: where does the Cerbo get the Voltage measurement from? (DVCC and ESS are used in the standard BYD configuration).

I think the Cerbo has access to the DC voltage from the 3 Multiplusses, from the MPPT charger, from the battery and possibly from its own power supply connected to the battery.

The issue seems important to me as I seem unable to charge the battery to 100% (I suppose because the tail current does not drop enough or the charge voltage remains to low.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxESSMPPT SmartSolarDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

In your System the data from the battery should be used.
Take a look in the settings -> System-Setup -> Batterymonitor

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vosjejohan avatar image
vosjejohan answered ·

The system shows: automatic for battery monitor and shows selected BYD battery over CAN bus. So this means if I set Max charge voltage in DVCC the system will get that voltage from the battery?

The reason I ask is that currently the battery only charges to 96% and then the charging seems to stop (voltage drops ad Amps still at about 5).

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@vosjejohn

Do you have ESS programmed. Check on the GX that in the ESS Menu it is set to keep batteries charged.

The SOC is being reported by the battery.

And no don't mess with the DVCC settings (since you have programmed the system to recommendations) unless you receive high voltage warnings.

0 Likes 0 ·