question

jond avatar image
jond asked

ESS, shouldn't the solar array (20 x 360w) cover these loads?

• Client has 20 x 360w (7200w) panels on the roof (roof, facing north). 5 strings of 4
  • 2 x MPII in parallel
  • SmartSolar MPPT 250|100.
  • ESS system not feeding in to grid. Set to about 70% state of charge for self consumption.

Why isn't the PV covering all the day loads?

A looks normal in this image, but the B section. The client is using high consumer (iron) during this time. Shouldn't the array handle this consumption?

And again here:

Multiplus-IIESSMPPT SmartSolarsolar sizing
generation.png (107.7 KiB)
xxx.png (116.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bonie-wanda avatar image
bonie-wanda answered ·

It appears to be limited to about 2,500watts. if you have the latest version os version of the ESS, check that the parameter “Limit Inverter Power” is not Within that 2,500 range.

Why do I say this? Because I have played around with the parameter, set it at 1,000watts in order to limit the current draw from the batteries during grid-assist BUT it also limits PV power during the day. There is a note about this in the online manual.

I may be wrong about this.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jond avatar image jond commented ·

The Limit Inverter Power is off. The user has 3 x pylontech US3000s on the system, I was wondering if the batteries weren't limiting the inverter output because 1 x pylontech is 1200w peak. 3 = 3600w

0 Likes 0 ·
pt.png (57.1 KiB)