question

lakeview avatar image
lakeview asked

Recurring DC Overload Error in System with Fischer Panda Generator and Victron Inverters

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking assistance with a persistent issue in a three-phase system involving 3x Victron Quattro 48/10000 inverters and a Fischer Panda 25i 400V PMS Generator. The system is experiencing recurring DC overload errors, and I'm hoping to gain some insights from this knowledgeable community.

System Description:

- Inverters: 3x Victron Quattro 48/10000

- Generator: Fischer Panda 25i 400V PMS

- Connection: The generator provides an AC 3-phase 400V electrical connection to the Victron inverters. There is no data connection between Victron and Fischer Panda

- Auto Start: Implemented with a relay from the Cerbo GX to Fischer Panda

Issue**:

- The generator stops charging after approximately 30 minutes, displaying a "DC Overload" error 39.

- DC system power spikes from a normal range of 100-300W to 3000-6000W momentarily before the error occurs.

- This issue persists despite the inverter of the Fischer Panda being repaired by Fischer Panda after a similar incident. First, I thought the inverter of the Fischer Panda is the problem, but now a saw these DC spikes in the system.

- The battery charging process seems to be normal until the error occurs.

Data and Observations:

- Data from the VRM shows significant spikes in DC system power at the time of the error.

- The battery voltage and current do not show anomalies correlating with the generator alarms.

- The Victron system does not report any issues up to the point where the generator turns off.

Troubleshooting Done:

- Checked all connections and settings.

- Monitored load characteristics and found no unusual fluctuations or increases.

- Considered the possibility of a fault in the auto start mechanism or the Orion DC-DC converter (even though unlikely)

• Updated to the latest firmware

Questions and Assistance Needed:

1. Any ideas what could be the problem?

2. Are there any known issues with such a setup that might lead to this problem?

3. Any suggestions on further troubleshooting steps or specific components to inspect?

I would greatly appreciate any advice, insights, or recommendations on how to approach this problem. Please let me know if additional information is needed.

I have uploaded a screenshot from graphs from the VRM as well as exported some data here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MhMWkxM6nakKHFZG_sIYNRYGbYD6nY1g?usp=share_link

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGeneratordc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Sounds like the fisher pander unit is not liking the loads.

check to see if all incoming loads from the 3 phase source are equal ie each phase is using the same amps. you may have a unbalanced 3 phase system if so balance the loads.

or try reducing the max charge current to the batteries try it at half max and move up from there. this may help , but its unlikely to be the cause.

Also try reducing the max input current setting and thus reduce the lmax oad on the generator

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.