question

kapeek avatar image
kapeek asked

SHORE POWER WITCH 3X QUATTRO II

Good morning, I'm struggling with a problem, or rather I'm wondering how to solve the problem of automatically increasing or decreasing the power from the available port socket if I connect 1 socket or 2 sockets.

I would like the maximum power for the port connection when only one of the two possible sockets is connected to be 30A.

and if I connect the second one, the power will automatically increase to 60A

Quattro are connected in parallel operation 3 pcs

or is it possible to connect one socket to one input of the quattro and the other socket to the second input of the quattro? I know that normally it will not work because the inverters in the parallel operation configuration will produce a synchronization error

If I need to buy something, I am waiting for suggestions

Please help, 2 port sockets with a power of 32A are not always available

1703094971833.png

or,

1703095112736.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargershorepowervirtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Having 2 parallel inputs is generally not safe, without a loss of mains detector on each input - mainly to prevent exposed live conductors if one plug is removed accidentally.

Sound practice dictates that if one socket is not enough then a proper higher power connector should be used. Or go 3 phase on shore power.

30A @ 220V is 6.6kW on single phase, if you need more than this, the inverters have power assist. paralleling 2 connectors and drawing 13kW continuously may also overload the shore power wiring, which will not be designed to supply max current on all connectors simultaneously.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kapeek avatar image kapeek commented ·

so quattro will be set to support mode when the energy demand exceeds 30A,

1. Can I disable the voltage monitoring function at the AC2 input?

2. Will using a 3-phase connector and supplying each phase to the AC2 connector in parallel mode cause problems?

3. The isolation transformer should not pass the current in the other direction, so accidentally removing the plug should not cause voltage to appear in the socket?

4. Is it possible to somehow program the VIRTUAL SWITCH to control the shore connection?

0 Likes 0 ·