question

gary-angove avatar image
gary-angove asked

Multiplus 12/3000/120-50/230-240V

Am I able to switch off the charger to enable me to use other 240v appliances. I use a Honda 2.2 generator. I am unable to charge and use the coffee machine at the same time. The generator is not big enough.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

I am also keen to know if there is a simple way to do this with a Multiplus assistant and a simple switch wired into one of the 'Aux In' terminals.

I have had a look at the assistants a while ago & think I found one that could limit/change the charger current, but not one to simply turn the Multiplus charger off & keep 'AC In' active to power the loads.

0 Likes 0 ·
tilo avatar image tilo commented ·

Did you install the inverter or somebody else? Do you have a MK3-USB interface? Can you post your VE.Configure settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

If I understand the question correctly, the DC charger can be disabled in VEConfigure.

https://docs.victronenergy.com/veconfigure.html#charger-settings

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy,

Yes I have also seen the 'Enable Charger' tick box in VE.Configure.

But we would like to trigger this on/off without having to pull out a laptop + MK3 to USB adaptor each time.

Ideally with a simple switch connected to 'Aux In' terminal's & using an assistant. I couldn't find such an assistant...

Any ideas?

Would a BMS related assistant possibly work?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi I just did a similar setup for turning a fan on and off

instead of selecting fan select charger and follow the sequence. and you can then put a switch across AUX1 to turn charging on or off etc

see the link below

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/20665/external-cooling-multi-plus-123000-how-to-setup.html

2 |3000