question

ide-engelsma avatar image
ide-engelsma asked

No Ah in trends in VictronConnect with SmartShunt

I have a Smartshunt 500A/50mV HQ23037HNKF with firmware v4.14.

I use Victron Connect on a iPhone 11 with iOS 17.1.2.

The Smartshunt Bluetooth interface (Rev2) Firmware is v2.46 with Bootloader v1.16.

In Victron Connect I have 2 issues:

1. When reconnecting to the Smartshunt, the trending does not load the history. I have to close the App and then restart for it to properly load all the historical data. It is a bug but the workaround works.

2. More importantly in trending the Ah histrorical trend does not work. I see the actual/current Ah in the trend but that is of no use. The whole reason I bought the Smartshunt is for historical trending of the Ah.

please help with the 2 issues above. Thank you in advance.

SmartShuntVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Have you selected "Current" as a parameter to view in the stored Trends? Default is SOC and Aux I believe, but you can choose what parameters to view by clicking the two drop-downs at the top of the chart. "Ah Consumed" is a live-only trend, but "Current" is a stored (historical) trend.

trends.png

parameters.png

parameters.png (61.8 KiB)
trends.png (35.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ide-engelsma avatar image ide-engelsma commented ·
Thanks for the response. It appears Victron does not really understand the practical use of their products sadly. I hope this will change in the future.

I will see if I can make a workaround with the SOC.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ ide-engelsma commented ·

Why not use "Current"? I'd think that would tell you exactly what you're looking for.

The trick with "Victron understanding the practical use..." is that Victron has literally millions of users all over the planet that are all using their products in slightly different ways. It's not possible to make every single person individually happy, particularly at the price-point of this equipment, so the most-common use-cases must be addressed first; between SOC and Current, you should be able to see what you need in stored Trends.

0 Likes 0 ·