question

danielson89 avatar image
danielson89 asked

Brand new to Victron - 75/10 BlueSolar non-bluetooth version (Because I didn't know better)

Hi All,

Yesterday I purchased the BlueSolar 75/10 Charge Controller. I've installed it today along with a spare 460w solar panel I got given, the solar panel did hit 10.4amp but the charge controller didn't seem to mind it, it had a 12v battery originally connected but my plan was to connect a 6x 26ah SLA battery in series / parallel so 2x 12v strings totalling 24v at 52ah. However I get a solid warning that I cannot get rid of saying battery voltage is too high, I was going to head back to the shop to purchase a bigger system but the guy let me know that it will automatically set the voltage but it doesn't. I've tried to reset the device and hook up the battery first but nothing. Any idea, sorry about the junk grammar.

Daniel

Perth Western Australia.

Smart Battery Sensebattery capacityother
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The automatic voltage detection is only on initial power on. It may reset if you leave it disconnected for long enough.

Check also that your panel output voltage is high enough. You need a minimum Voc close to 35V for a 24V battery bank.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Best get the vedirect to usb adapter, you can then configure it via the victron connect app.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual