question

gavin dobbins avatar image
gavin dobbins asked

Pylontech discharging problems ?

Hi hope someone can help as am pulling my hair out this weekend trying to sort out this problem ! Just finished installing my multiplus 2 , cerbo gx and pylontech batteries so I can run the house in the day off batteries and charge overnight on the cheap tariff , the problem I have is the house doesn't take any battery power they remain at 100% charged and will not discharge ? I don't have a et112 on my house consumer unit do you think that could be the problem I do have a victron current transformer on the line conductor going into the multiplus in the loft that worked when I first turned the system on and it charged the pylontech to 100% , I've looked for hours at different settings on the Ve config software and copied the pylontech settings recommended by victron , am wondering if it's all wired correctly as the meter tails come from the Henley block in the electric meter box through the wall into my garage , then through eca2 import/export meter into a small garage consumer unit which then runs up to the loft into the AC in terminals in the multiplus I don't have any loads wired into the AC OUT terminals

img-20231202-113517.jpg

img-20231129-131328.jpg

img-20231203-190313.jpg

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

Do you use the ESS Option / Assistant in the Multi for your system?

You can't use the System "offgrid" if nothing is connected on the AcOut !!!

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gavin dobbins avatar image gavin dobbins commented ·

Hi yes it's running in ESS mode which I turned on via remote VE config , does it make a difference with my house consumer unit before the multiplus without a Et112 meter ?

0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange gavin dobbins commented ·
In your case, you need a gridmeter Et112 ,em24 or the new em540.

You don't need a gridmeter of all your loads are connected to the the ac out.

0 Likes 0 ·
gavin dobbins avatar image gavin dobbins netrange commented ·
So the et112 would be wired inside my house consumer unit with cat5 cable running upto the multiplus
0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image netrange gavin dobbins commented ·

The ET112 must be wired directly after the consumer unit, so the GX Unit gets all Information via USB to RS485 to Support the "0 Consumption ESS Option"

0 Likes 0 ·
gavin dobbins avatar image gavin dobbins netrange commented ·

Does it just need to be wired next to the main house consumer unit ? Sorry for all the questions

0 Likes 0 ·
gavin dobbins answered ·

If I replaced the eca2 meter with a Et112 would that work as it's before both consumer units ? img-20231203-1903132.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

daza avatar image daza commented ·

what config have you got your CT wired is it a jack or wires ie red and white? and how is it programed internal or external? As your meter is reading 0watts drawn from the grid and I don’t think your house is that efficient lol

0 Likes 0 ·
gavin dobbins avatar image gavin dobbins daza commented ·
The eca2 import/export is showing 6.1kwh imported from the grid which was for charging of the Batteries
0 Likes 0 ·
gavin dobbins answered ·

The CT is hard wired red and white cables in the multiplus on the line conductor going into the multiplus from the garage consumer unit, the CT measured fine once I turned the system on and it charged the batteries up but since then it will not discharge to the house so the it always pulls from the grid

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Ok is the red wire in EXT and the white wire in comm? And have you got the CT on internal or external setting on the Cerbo GX settings? It should be set on the GX as internal, the import export meter is not relevant as it just shows you how much you’ve drawn it doesn’t interfere with the Victron setup. Is the settings for the Cerbo GX (ESS) set to keep batteries optimised and what is the minimum SOC set to?

1 comment
2 |3000

gavin dobbins avatar image gavin dobbins commented ·

Hi yes the current transformer is wired correctly but I can't see any setting for the CT in the cerbo gx to change it from internal and external ? The batteries are setup for optimized and the minimum is on 10% soc screenshot-2023-12-04-05-21-08-108-comandroidchrom.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

It’s in Grid metering but if you’ve not changed it from internal it is correct, that meter should be reading something on the grid and not registering 0watts try reseating did you remove the bridge wire from the multi’s in thermal sensor when you installed the CT? where is your CU for the house?

2 |3000