question

maciek avatar image
maciek asked

[solved] CerboGX not connecting over bluetooth after 3.12 update

I have just updated my CerboGX to the newest 3.12 firmware, and after it booted back up, it no longer shows on the list of Bluetooth connections in VictronConnect. I can connect to it using IP address over my local network, but not through Bluetooth. It used to show both connections. I tried on my iPad and on my phone - both show the same problem.

Please help.

Maciek

cerbo gxBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Maciek,

This is a common issue with the older models of the Cerbo GX, newer models have corrected it in hardware.

The firmware update is very CPU intensive and causes the internal temperature to rise. The previous hardware revision had a limitation on the temperature of the Bluetooth chip that caused it to not work until the Cerbo CPU cools down again.

If you either power down the Cerbo for a few minutes, or just leave it for longer, it will most likely resume operation.

An alternative is to connect a USB Bluetooth dongle - there is more info about compatible models in the Cerbo GX manual.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrewcp avatar image andrewcp commented ·
That explains a lot… disappointing as my Cerbo has trouble connecting with wifi, when I move the van… I then struggle to get into it with Bluetooth to manually retry the wifi… its mostly very warm over here, 27+ degrees celsius, and thus keeping the Cerbo cold isn‘t really feasible.
0 Likes 0 ·
maciek avatar image
maciek answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , thank you for that explanation. I can confirm that this morning, 2 days from the update, the Bluetooth connection came back again. It must have cooled down sufficiently.

Thank you,

Maciek

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Maciek

Check that it is enabled in settings.

Roll back the firmware in firmware updates if it is and not working.

2 |3000