question

sylk avatar image
sylk asked

Does the Venus gx need to be online to replace it with a cerbo gx?

This Venus Gx must be the worst product ever launched by any company on this planet! It s mind boggling stupid, i changed the wireless network and now it s online, but it won t connect to vrm portal.

All i want from it is to install the new cerbo gx in vrm portal, then i can smash this piece of dung to pieces.

Can i install the new cerbo without going through vrm portal? Thanks

cerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Sylk

Is it a Venus GX or a Cerbo GX? They are two totally different things.

Does it say it is online but not connected to the VRM? The default 15 minute log times means it will only log that often. So wait 15 minutes or change the log interval to 1.minute.

then add new installation in the VRM using the VRM ID number before you can access it.

And no you don't need to go through the VRM, you can local monitor the Cerbo either using its own WiFi hotspot or over LAN.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html#UUID-12ee0e7e-a2db-4c34-1ab3-db19636edc37

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sylk avatar image
sylk answered ·

As i wrote above it s a venus gx that i intend to replace with a cerbo gx.

Log interval is set to 1 min. Venus is connected to the network, vrm is enabled, yet on vrm it appears to be offline. I know i can monitor it offline, but i NEED to monitor it online as it s at a remote location and i m not 24/7 present

2 |3000

sylk avatar image
sylk answered ·

So, is there any way to delete it from vrm portal and install a new cerbo instead of it, without connecting the venus to the vrm portal?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

You can delete the install under VRM in {installation name} settings -general delete.

You can replace the GX with another one under neath. That one. It's a walk through process - read the prompts

img-20231110-130555.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
sylk avatar image
sylk answered ·

After 2 hours and 5 more reboots, it "magically" appeared online in vrm. Disgusting. 2 minimum wage chinese in a basement would have made a better product. I m not even going to sell it, i will smash it to dust with a hammer.

If cerbo behaves the same, i m selling all my victron equipment, no matter how much money i lose in the process.

Way too expensive for the quality and what they do, but i didn t know any better at the time i bought it

2 |3000