question

iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless asked

Feature Request: VRM - ET112 meter Role

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) @mvader (Victron Energy)
what's the best way to ask for a Feature Request ?

I don't know if anyone has asked for this before.
But my main system is a pair of MP II 48/5000 with a BYD Battery stack.
and a second battery that is separate from the main one that charges and discharges via a smaller Multiplus. I know it's not the most efficient way, but it keeps the two batteries separated.

I have a ET112 to monitor the in's and out's of the smaller system. but in VRM, it's only shows up if I set it's role as a PV inverter.

screenshot-2023-11-06-at-10-39-11-i-am-motorhomele.pngbut this effects the Total solar figure... as it's not solar, and power flows both ways

It would be nice if I could have a DC inverter role for the ET112 meter, that worked similar to the PV inverter

dcinvertor.jpg

But did not effect the solar readings, and showed the positive and negative flow.

I can't be the only one, I got the idea from watching @Andy's Off Grid Garage youtube channel !

or is there already a way to do this better than I am doing it ?

VRMfeature requestpower metercascading invertersdc meter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless commented ·

just wanted to BUMP this

maybe I am the only person that has this set up.
I have now set the role to Generator, at least it does not affect my total solar.
but still does not show the two way flow :(

1 Like 1 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic