question

tomhei avatar image
tomhei asked

can I use different battery systems?

Hello,

I have a Victron system (3xMultiPlus-II 48/3000 / 6xPylontech US3000C / Raspberry GX). I also have an old SMA system (1xSunnyIsland SI 6.0H / 1xlead battery 48V - 6 PzS 930). I would like to replace the SMA-Sunnyisland with a Victron MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50. Can I get this controlled with one GX (2 different batteries systems) or do I need another GX?

Multiplus-IIbatterycontrol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

No. Each combo of inverter/battery will be independent and appear on a unique vrm page.

They will not be aware of each other and are independently configured and managed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

A GX can only control one independent set of inverter/bms.

2 |3000

tomhei avatar image
tomhei answered ·

If I use 2 Victron GXs, can I let them communicate with each other? Or do I have to control the 2 Victron GX to prevent recharging between the two batteries.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes