question

carlossilva05 avatar image
carlossilva05 asked

Keep Batteries charged without ESS?

Hi,

Is it possible for a Multiplus-II setting to keep batteries charged without using ESS? When I try to load the assitant it will ask for a Grid Code but there are no grid codes for my country, also we don't need to feed back power to the grid.

Thanks!

Multiplus-IIESSbattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @carlossilva05

a Multi without ESS will always charge the battery when connected to grid.

But the question is: what kind of system are you building, is there PV connected and how? etc.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carlossilva05 avatar image carlossilva05 commented ·

Hello @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), thanks for your reply.

PV is DC Coupled to the Multiplus with a Smart Solar MPPT Charger, the system will supply critical loads with the Multiplus. What we would like is to keep batteries charged for power outages, and that critical loads can function with solar and grid when available.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ carlossilva05 commented ·

for that you'll need ESS

0 Likes 0 ·
carlossilva05 avatar image carlossilva05 Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), which Grid Code should we use then?. We are in Colombia, 120V 60Hz.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ carlossilva05 commented ·

I don't know, ask you local Victron agent.

0 Likes 0 ·
chuff avatar image
chuff answered ·

I think the configuration HUB4v3 could do this (even depreciated) with the possibility to force Keep Battery Charged as Winter Mode even with a external switch connected on the AUX input of the mutiplus (need assistant configuration without ESS)

2 |3000