question

klausbachmeier avatar image
klausbachmeier asked

GX console in browser (on multiplus II GX) requires login after connection is lost (few minutes)

Not sure if already answered. but GX and login gives me 1000s results, but nothing fits to the question.

The graphical output of the remote console in a browser loses connection fater few minutes.Aftre clicking reconnect a login is required. I have no login. Console in vrm is still fine.

Other browser on same PC dosen't work. PC restart works. different PC works.

screenshots:

ok:

0-ok.jpg

after a while:

1-reconnect.jpg

click on reconnect:

2-reconfail.jpg

i get:

3-reload-loginneeded.jpg

i have no login credentials, so independet if login or abort:

4-escape-401.jpg

After a long time (hours) it will work again.

If user in Windows is logged out and in again. the GX becomes unavailable:

5-logout-on-win.jpg

Bug on GX?

gx deviceremote consolewebsite
0-ok.jpg (53.4 KiB)
1-reconnect.jpg (32.3 KiB)
2-reconfail.jpg (28.5 KiB)
4-escape-401.jpg (28.7 KiB)
5-logout-on-win.jpg (44.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @klausbachmeier,

I tried to reproduce the issue, but I couldn't. My remote console stayed connected for over an hour.

Can you try with a different browser (i.e chrome, or Firefox) and see if the issue persists?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klausbachmeier avatar image
klausbachmeier answered ·

Hi,

While debugging the issue I "fixed" it. When the PC got a fixed, but different IP address the problem stopped to happen. If it ever comes back I let you know. Is there a possibility to conect to the GX in the multiplus to check the other side, too?

btw: Problem happend independent on the browser (vivaldi, firefox, edge, seamonkey)

br

Klaus

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi Klaus,

I am not sure what you mean by "connect to the GX in the multiplus to check the other side".

Aren't you connecting to the GX in the Multiplus now?

1 Like 1 ·
klausbachmeier avatar image klausbachmeier Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I am using a Multiplus II GX now.

My former Setup with a raspberry Pi with venus OS was fully accessible linux system. Is it possible to get telnet / ssh access on the Multiplus II GX, too?

However, it is not urgent as with the fixed IP on the dektop computer everything works fine.

btw, I found a very similar problem description:

https://www.akkudoktor.net/forum/bms-batterie-management-monitoring-system/hilfe-victron-remote-console-auf-android-tablet/

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ klausbachmeier commented ·

SSH is possible - details are here - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:root_access

At your own risk.

1 Like 1 ·