question

gkathan avatar image
gkathan asked

[smartshunt] instant read-out

1. hi,

I would like to buy and install a smartshunt 9n my offgridtec lipo4 battery ... as I have integrated my devices with a homeassistant raspberry in my van it needs to support the instant read-out feature to access the data

does the smartshunt support this?

SmartShuntVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@gkathan

It does instant readout over Bluetooth.

Here is the compatible list.

The Victron connect app does not show the address or at least not on android/windows. There is/must be a way though.

You can enable GATT https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/187303/victron-bluetooth-advertising-protocol.html

Git hub.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Alexandra and @gkathan

You can get the information needed for Home Assistant in the Product Info menu. There you can press "SHOW" next to "Instant readout details".

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @gkathan

By instant read out do you just mean it shows up on victron connect devices page? If so yes.

Most folk will read smart shunt data via a GX device from venus os dbus (not direct) via MQTT or modbusTCP.

However if that's too slow (for most people it's not), the smart shunt has a veDirect cable, and there's documentation from Victron of the protocol if you want to design your own interface/read the data that way.

2 |3000

gkathan avatar image
gkathan answered ·

thanx for the answer ... more specifically ... I need to know whether in victron connect app there is shown the advertisment key and Bluetooth Mac address ... I know eg that for my victron IP65 charger this is not supported yet

2 |3000