question

cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 asked

SmartSolar 75/15 Error Code #119

Firstly I have submitted a support request ....

I have a SmartSolar charger connected via Cerbo GX to VRM.

In the Victron Connect App via the VRM tab if I try to correct what seems to be the wrong battery preset (seems always to show "User Defined" ) and set it to Victron AGM / Gel the device reports an Error Code #119 instantly.

According to the error code list this error should never happen .....

It can be fixed by restoring defaults powering down PV, disconnecting battery and rebooting after a 3 min wait. Bit of a pain in that the reboot needs physical presence but not major.

Since this occurs consistently (well twice in my case) it seems to be a bug.

Prevention is better than cure, so it won't happen a 3rd time.

VRMMPPT SmartSolarVictronConnectbug report
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cardy01 avatar image cardy01 commented ·

I have difficulty to register a support ticket.

Rebooting the SmartSolar solves the issue but what I want to do is raise this issue to support as it seems to be a bug in either VRM or Victron Connect app

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Have you tried to connect directly to it via local bluetooth and the VC app and change it there?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cardy01 avatar image cardy01 commented ·
Yes ... works fine locally via Bluetooth .... in Victron Connect via VRM the wrong battery preset is shown and trying to correct that generates an instant #119 error which the documentation says should never occur and to let Victron know .... which I am trying to do
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ cardy01 commented ·
Ok. Just to confirm, the app, mppt and cerbo firmware are all up to date?
0 Likes 0 ·
cardy01 avatar image cardy01 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Yes indeed ....
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ cardy01 commented ·
If you are able to capture a video of the behaviour and list it here, I will try pass it along.
1 Like 1 ·
To do that I'll need to drive to the boat to reboot the MPPT .... I should be there on Sunday .... I'll try to video it .... seems to be consistent .... thanks for your efforts.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tried to replicate yesterday and was unable to generate the error - which is good ... interesting that Victron Connect shows the correct Battery Preset on connection which didn't happen on the 2 occasions the error was generated.
0 Likes 0 ·