question

kai-fuchs avatar image
kai-fuchs asked

Is cerbo sharing shunt Voltage with Mppt?

My shunt recently broke and is not measuring voltage anymore, fist the measurement was off by 2V now it’s showing 0V. The current measurement still works good. I can not replace it at the moment. And I need it cause our battery’s have seen a lot of circles an therefore lost a lot of capacity.

The shunt is normally connected with a Cerbo and the MPPT & Inverter. Does the cerbo share the voltage from the shunt with the Mppt? I already removed the shunt out of the smart network and have the shunt at the moment not connected to the cerbo.

cerbo gxSmartShuntVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kai Fuchs

What shunt do you have? I have seen the weird voltage but amps thing happen when the rj plug to the face/display is not plugged in or has a problem.

The information is not shared correctly if you have the smart network and the Cerbo in the system at the same time. In the ve smart network manual it explains the smart network is designed for systems with no GX

Ideally you just want just the Cerbo controlling the system and sharing information.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai-fuchs avatar image kai-fuchs commented ·
I got the Victron smart shunt.

Ok s I’ll leave the shunt disconnect until Incan replace the shunt.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·