question

mattplowman avatar image
mattplowman asked

SmartShunt 500/50 and 75/15 MPPT - MPPT only receiving Voltage not Current data

I have recently installed a SmartShunt 500/50 and 2*MPPT 75/15s , the shunt is working perfectly and I have been able to setup the VE network and all 3 devices see each other in the network.

When I look at the network status of the shunt it says it is sharing both Voltage and Current data to the network (I do not have a temp sensor installed).

When I check the status of the MPPTs they say they are receiving voltage data only (and that charge synchronization/ optimization is enabled - perfect). I do not have the PVs connected as yet and the Current data in the Battery section of the MPPT display is showing 0 but the shunt is showing a draw (lights , fridge etc)

Question

Why do the MPPTs show 0 current draw when the current data is being shared with the network by the shunt?

MPPT SmartSolarSmartShuntVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The MPPT's will only show the charge current from solar - they do not process the current draw from the smart shunt. They will use the battery voltage from the shunt though.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mattplowman avatar image mattplowman commented ·
Thank you , much appreciated
0 Likes 0 ·