question

mtnbrit avatar image
mtnbrit asked

BMV712 not reporting power via GlobalLink520 to VRM

I have a MPPT150/100 and BMV-712 both connected by bluetooth to the GlobalLink-520 reporting to VRM.

Why is it that the only way to get Battery Power chart in VRM is from the GlobalLink520 device itself, which by the way seems to only report sporadically creating a badly broken chart, even though other devices report just fine with no gaps in data (since I added an external LTE antenna, gaining 10dB of signal strength). I hunted in the custom widget tool, drilled down into the BMV, but power is not a parameter that can be charted in a widget. We know the BMV knows the power because it's available in VRM Connect, and on its own display. So why cant it be sent to VRM along with all its other measurements via the GL520?

Oddly, VRM charts of other parameters from the GL520 device itself, ie RSSI, are not broken up. Just the battery power one has the issue seemingly.

Hopefully this could be fixed in a future firmware update.

vrm1.png

vrm2.png

VRMBMV Battery Monitorgloballink
vrm1.png (136.9 KiB)
vrm2.png (86.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël van de Giessen avatar image
Daniël van de Giessen answered ·

I've identified and fixed a bug where in some specific installations VRM would not select the best available device connected to a GlobalLink as the source for the "system" battery power data. The fix for this has been deployed just now; so from this point forwards the battery power graph should no longer have such unexpected gaps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.